In time for spring, I am revisiting the often-ignored Mac Pro Longwear line. On a recent trip to Sydney, I had to do my own makeup for stage, as my makeup artist (who I absolutely adore!) was not able to make it at the last minute. The challenge was to make sure the audience could see my facial features even from afar, but still look fresh for the meet-and-greet after. Between the summer heat and stage lights, I wanted to make sure my ‘face’ was not falling off by the end of the show!
Mac Pro Longwear is often used for weddings, so if you are going to a party/event or simply need makeup that will go the distance, Mac Pro Longwear might work for you. I would test color at your local Mac counter first for an exact match and to make sure the formula works for your skin type.Because I have dry, delicate skin in winter that acts more normal-combination in summer, I sprayed Mac’s Mineralize Charged Water before applying foundation to prep my skin. I then used the following:
1. Mac Pro Longwear foundation (NC35) – applied with a foundation brush.
2. Mac Pro Longwear concealer (NC35) –a bit of a cult favorite, because it. Will. Not. Move.
3. Mineralize SkinFinish Natural (Medium) – helps offset the Longwear formula with a sheer, soft finish.
4. Mac Eye Brow Definer (Lingering) – because I went for a smoky eye, I had to tone down my eyebrows. This is great for definition without looking harsh.
5. Eye shadows – in Brule for the brow bone, Brun to soften the liner, and Corduroy for contouring.
6. Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner – in Black Swan. I am not actually a fan of the Pro Longwear liners. Pearlglide is easier to apply, has a slight shimmery finish, and is less harsh looking than regular black liner.
7. Chanel Inimitable Waterproof – in Black.
8. Mac Pro Longwear Blush – in Stubborn, a mid-tone rose plum. Good for medium skin tones.
9. Mineralize Rich Lipstick – in Grande Dame, a mid-tone creamy neutral rose. I love the texture of the mineralize line, but with all the singing and talking, I needed to reapply constantly.
I finished by highlighting with Guerlain Météorites, which I talked about here. See, and you all thought I was a natural beauty!